Over 1.5 Sassuolo goals at 1.84 with Pinnacle - 2 units (min 1.76)
- Verona are not close to the team they were last season, all of their stars from last season were either sold or returned to their parent clubs.
- To make matters worse for Verona they sold one of their better performing defenders this season Alan Empereur to Palmeiras
- So far this season Verona are the worst defence in the league with 16.58xGA against. The fact they've only conceded 5 times is something of a miracle
- In their matches against quality attacking teams they looked very suspect, Roma created 1.99xG (Verona got a 3-0 walkover for an ineligible player) in their 0-0 at the start of the season, Juve put up 2.4xG and Milan a whopping 4.58xG
- The only team Verona have had any success restricting chances against was against Genoa, and that was during the spell when Genoa were without 17 players because of positive COVID tests.
- When these met at the end of June it ended 3-3 with Sassuolo have the better of it getting off 18 shots to Verona's 6. Verona have declined massively since that match too.
- Verona have given up 2.1 goals goals per 90 minutes in their last 10 matches against teams in the Top 6. This season
- Faroni who is Verona's starting RB is out for this game and a number of other first teamers still have to be evaluated (Gunter, Veloso, Favilli, and Viera)
- The Neroverdi were involved in a difficult 0-0 with Udinese before the International break, Udinese were incredibly negative, and Sassuolo struggled to create anything
- Here however they have a far more favourable opponent and should have Filip Đuričić back in the mix which should help
- Of players with 400+ mins this season, Sassuolo achieve their best team xG per 90 with Đuričić on the field. He's been a revelation this season and they'll be happy to have him back
- Sassuolo haven't been that affected by the International break, the only player who will be returning from long haul travel will be Jeremie Boga who was with Côte d'Ivoire in their match with Madagascar.
- Italian media projects Caputo starting at CF with Đuričić, Boga, and Berardi in support. Lopez and Locatelli at CM.
- Sassuolo have some key personnel potentially missing at the back (Chiricheș and Romagna) for this game but I don't have any doubts they'll have continued success in front of goal
Final word: Verona are a lot worse than their league position suggests, expect Sassuolo to have a lot of success here.