Atalanta were on fire before the lockdown and are only behind Man City in terms of attacking production this season (Top 5 leagues). Considering the availability of their stars we shouldn’t expect too much deviation from what we’ve seen this season
- Atalanta have put an astounding 13 goals past Sassuolo in their last 3 meetings. To date, De Zerbi (Sassuolo) has also lost 5 of his 6 meetings with Gasperini (Atalanta)
- This matchup is usually an entertaining affair too with BTTS landing is 7 of the last 8 and an average of 4.25 goals per game.
- Atalanta have won 8 of their last 10 games against teams in the middle third of the table (Sassuolo 11th) with an average of 3.7 goals scored per match
- Atalanta will be at full strength with Papu- Iličić- Zapata in attack
- Zapata missed a big chunk of the season but Atalanta will be glad he’s back, of all their attackers Atalanta’s team success in front of goal is highest when he’s on the pitch.
- Having a player like Muriel (1.27xG p90 and 1.1 Goals p90) on the bench if needed is a massive plus too, he’s been one of the most productive attackers in the league and won’t be able to break into the XI tomorrow.
- 17 of Atalanta’s last 20 Serie A games have seen Over 2.5 (highest in the league)
- Sassuolo have given up 1.9 goals per match in their last 10 against Top 6 opposition. However we can’t really compare Atalanta’s attacking numbers to any other team in the league. The only other teams that come remotely close are Lazio/Juve/Roma.
- From those opponents, Sassuolo have only travelled to Roma and Juve this season. These results were quite telling. From the 180 mins they conceded 6 goals and gave up an xGA total of 7.31
- 15 of Sassuolo’s last 20 Serie A games have seen Over 2.5 total goals (joint 2nd highest in the league)
- Sassuolo’s team news isn’t as positive as Atalanta, they will be missing Romagna in defence. He’ll be replaced by Marlon. Sassuolo’s average goals conceded is slightly higher with Marlon on the pitch
Atalanta to win and Over 2.5 Total goals @ 1.806 with Pinnacle - 2 units
Atalanta -1.5 Asian Handicap @ 1.98 with Bet365 - 2 units