Atalanta -1.5 Asian Handicap at 2.24 with Pinnacle - 2 units (min 2.1)
- Atalanta will be without Hateboer again but he's the only starting XI player missing this week. Maehle or Sutalo will likely deputize in his place.
- Atalanta put in a decent performance midweek against Napoli in the Coppa Italia, it ended 0-0 but they put up 2.02xG to Napoli's 0.42. Normally I wouldn't like to
- Atalanta have a phenomenal record against bottom 6 teams in Serie A scoring 3.2 per game and winning 7 of their last 10
- This season we saw them take out Cagliari (18th) 5-2 and Parma (19th) 3-0
- Atalanta have put 11 goals past Torino in their last 2 meetings (7-0 and 4-2)
- There's not much to add here that you won't already be aware off, Atalanta are coming off two mediocre results against tougher opposition (Lazio and Napoli) but this is an incredibly favourable match up for them.
- We also shouldn't forget that their chance creation in both these games was pretty much on par with what they've been putting up all season.
- Things have not improved under Davide Nicola, early signs seem to indicate sticking with Marco Giampaolo may have been the smarter option.
- So far his side drew 2-2 with Benevento and 1-1 with Fiorentina, not so bad on paper but these performances were below par, even from what I've seen from Torino earlier in the season.
- In the Fiorentina game they were 2nd best until the red card (61'), and then needed another red card (71') before they could find their late equaliser (87'). Overall I saw nothing positive about their performance.
- It's very early days but averaging 1.93xGA in your opening two games against two week opponents isn't a good look. Atalanta will pose a far greater threat.
- Torino have lost 8 of their last 10 games with teams in the top 6 with 2.5 goals conceded per game.
- In their road games against top half teams this season Torino have averaged 3 goals against and an xGA average of 2.39
- Like Atalanta, Torino don't have many absentee's just Sanabria in attack and Vojvoda in defence (neither significant)
Final word: If Atalanta can score first they should make light work of Torino. We'll be hoping for a fast start in this one.