Juventus Under 2.5 Team goals at 1.8 with Betway (1.78 Pinnacle)- 2 units (Don't bet below 1.72)
- As we know Juventus have appointed an unproven manager in Andrea Pirlo so this will very much be a transition season for the Bianconeri.
- In preparation for this season, Juventus have played just one pre-season friendly (vs Novara who play in Serie C) which isn’t ideal for Pirlo either. Sampdoria played 3 pre-season friendlies
- Juve have a rich and deep squad but it’s worth noting that they’re going to be without de Ligt for quite a while, he won’t play here and either will Dybala or Bernardeschi.
- Early indications seem to suggest starts for Arthur, Kulusevski, and Chiellini will start or possibly McKinnie in place of Arthur
- Juventus achieved their highest goals per 90 ratio with Dybala on the pitch (2.13) and their highest points per match ratio (2.39) he’ll be a big loss.
- Juventus scored 3 or more goals in 23.7% of their games last season. In only 6 of those 38 games did their xG exceed 3.00
- One of those 6 games, one did come against Sampdoria but a large chunk of those chances came after Samp were reduced to 10 men in the 83rd minute. Up until the red card Samp had kept it respectable
- Since 1995 Ranieri has faced Juventus 11 times and not once has any of his sides conceded more than 2 goals, the vast majority were close games. I understand a lot of those games were a long time ago and are meaningless but Ranieri does tend to get his teams to perform in these spots.
- Last season Samp were a top a half team for chances allowed (xGA), overall there wasn’t too much difference between their numbers (52.84xGA) and Juve’s (49.4xGA).
- Worth noting their ranking would have been a lot higher if Ranieri was there from the start of the season. (EdF managed the first 8 games of the season before getting the sack)
- Samp’s squad is fairly unchanged. They saw Linetty move to Torino but him leaving doesn’t weaken them in my opinion.Thorsby and Ekdal will still be favoured in centre mid.
Final word: There’s been a decent overhaul with this Juve squad and I think it’s right to expect a difficult transition season. Expect a close game with chances at a premium.