Over 2.5 Total Goals at 2.21 with Pinnacle - 2 units (min odds 2.15)
- Marseille had two men sent off against Bordeaux at the weekend (0-0) and will be hoping to make amends here. Belardi (CB) and Benedetto (CF) are both suspended.
- Marseille do have further problems at the back, not just Belardi, Alvaro Gonzalez is injured, Caleta-Car isn't expected back, and Sakai is recovering from an illness. FB Lirola won't be available either as he wasn't registered when the match was scheduled.
- This should mean Lucas Perrin and Kamara starting at CB. Perrin has played 90 mins once at CB this season, and that was in Marseille's 2-2 with Lens. They allowed 2.31xGA in that match
- Dimitri Payet will also return from suspension, after Thauvin no other player has more goal contributions for Marseille per 90 (min 1000 mins)
- Under caretaker manager Nasser we've seen an increase in total match xG with an average of 2.99xG per match (2.58 season average). I've excluded the Bordeaux game due to the 2 red cards.
- That's a small sample size, but I do believe André Villas-Boas leaving makes Marseille a slightly more adventurous side.
- Saliba (CB) and Todibo (CB) weren't registered when the fixture was scheduled so they cannot participate.
- Flavius Daniliuc and Robson Bambu likely deputize in their place and both are significant downgrades in my opinion.
- Nice may have problems at the back, but they have enough going forward to cause Marseille problems. Maolida, Gouiri and Rony Lopes likely all start in attack for this match.
- Maolida has been having a notable impact on the attack, Nice are averaging 1.7 goals per 90 with the 22-year-old on the pitch, Rony Lopes has also hit some form with three goals in his last two outings.
Final word: Marseille were not a team to trust for goals under AVB but considering the circumstances, both teams should create chances against make-shift backlines.