Molde +0.5 Asian Handicap at 1.78 with Pinnacle - 2 units (min 1.73)
- Rapid's ambitions in this tournament are a little confusing, for the Arsenal game they didn't play their best available XI despite there being a chance to take points off a rotated Arsenal XI
- For this game Rapid will be without Dejan Petrovic (CM), Dejan Ljubicic (DM), Christopher Dibon (CB) and Philipp Schobesberger (LW/CF)
- Two of those Dibon and Schobesberger are starters and significant losses
- When these sides met in Norway it was a one sided affair, Molde won 1-0 but put up 2.55xG to Rapid's 0.55. A combination of good GK and poor finishing from the Norwegians kept the scoreline respectable.
- Here Molde need to avoid defeat to qualify for the knockout rounds, they can also go through if they score but only lose by one goal but the focus will be on avoiding defeat at all costs.
- As we know, Rapid can carry an attacking threat but I'd be a lot more concerned by their defensive numbers in this competition. To date they have allowed 2.2 goals per game with 2.47xGA
- If we take away their games with Dundalk they are 0-0-3 with 2 goals scored and 7 conceded
- Molde have played 10 games in Europe in 2020 and have generated an average xG of 1.97 so I'll be very surprised if they don't score at least once here.
- From the 10 games they failed to score in 3, vs Qarabag (1.61 total xG) vs Ferencváros (1.1xG) and against Arsenal (1.23xG)
Final word: Molde showed they were a better outfit when they met in Norway and I don't believe the home advantage for the Austrians is big enough to warrant this price on Molde avoiding defeat.