The home side dropped points again yesterday after a commanding 2-0 position against Dusseldorf.
Although there’s nothing left to play for RB Leipzig will be gunning for their best-ever finish in the Bundesliga this season and will be motivated to take 2nd place from Dortmund
- RB Leipzig have lost just once at home this season, that came against Schalke back in September. Since match they’ve gone W6 D7 L0 with 34 goals scored and 14 conceded
- From those 7 draws the xG scores indicate they should have won an additional 3 matches
- Leipzig are unbeaten in 9 of their last 10 matches with Top 6 opposition.
- Leipzig rotated for their mid-week game. Upamecano, Mukiele, and Schick were all omitted from the starting XI
- Timo Werner today agreed to join Chelsea this summer but should still want to end his RBL career on a high. As of today, RBL have a full-strength squad. Only Ampadu and Poulsen are unavailable
- When these sides last met at Signal Iduna park we saw an entertaining 3-3 with RBL generating 2.91xG to Dortmund’s 1.9xG
- Nagelsmann had some success against BVB last season too when he was with Hoffenheim. Although the teams shared the spoils on both occasions, it was Nagelsmann's side who came away with the higher xG score (over two games 4.35xG to Dortmund’s 3.45)
Dortmund looked dead on their feet yesterday and played an almost full-strength XI. With nothing left to play for the players looked completely disinterested in pressing their opponents and they paid the price getting humiliated at home to low lying Mainz.
- Dortmund will be without Hakimi who got himself suspended yesterday. Dahoud, Delaney, Reus, and Zagadou will also be unavailable
- With the level they played against Mainz this will be a perfect opportunity for Favre to experiment with some more of the youth prospects in the side.
- Dortmund have not performed against Top 5 sides this season. vs Gladbach they won 1-2 but lost the xG 2.62-1.2, vs Leverkusen they lost 4-3, vs Bayern, they were put the sword losing 4-0
- With 24 goals conceded on the road, BVB are the worst “Top 6” defence in the league
RB Leipzig +0 (Draw no Bet) @ 1.8 with Bet Victor/Marathonbet (Posted yesterday at 21.19 in the Telegram channel)