Marseille Over 1.5 team goals at 2.4 with Pinnacle - 1.5 units (2.25)
- Reims have been a lot worse defensively than their results show, they're currently bottom tier in france for chances allowed (xGA total) and are currently giving up 1.55xGA per 90 domestically.
- With the season just about wrapped up, Reims are almost certainly guaranteed a mid-table finish so there will be no need to take an uber defensive approach for this game. Considering they had two back to back games without hardly generating a decent chance the coach (Guion) likely takes a more attacking approach
- The last time they went up against a top 6 side they drew 1-1 with Lyon, however the visitors dominated them putting up 1.8 total xG while getting off 17 attempts
- Prior to that we saw them eke out another 1-1, this time with 5th placed Lens, they allowed even bigger xGA numbers (3.36) and allowed a similar number of attempts
- Reims team news is fine but they will be without arguably their best CM Valon Berisha, with Kosovan on the pitch they achieve their best average team xGA (players over 1000 mins of play)
- Marseille saw another high scoring game at the weekend vs Lorient, again they scored 3 and this time took the 3 points
- Under Sampaoli we've now seen Marseille score 2 or more in 4 of 6 games
- 3 of those games came against teams in the bottom half (Lorient, Brest, and Dijon) they scored twice in all
- Marseille still have a chance to play in the UEL next season but will need to keep pace with Lens in 5th, only a win here should suffice.
- Marseille have no significant injuries, just Amavi and Rongier. They will line up with their main goal contributors (Payet, Thauvin, and Milik)
- Milik has 5 goal contributions from 771 mins this season while both Payet and Thauvin lead this team for goal contributions, shot creating actions, and goal creating actions. Having all three available should help out cause.
- Possible XI: Mandanda; Sakai, Balerdi, Gonzalez; Lirola, Kamara, Gueye, Henrique; Thauvin, Milik, Payet
Final word: Marseille have a beatable opponent in front of them and will surely take confidence from their recent attacking displays.
Over 2.5, and BTTS are also backable at current prices