Russia Over 1.5 team goals @ 1.91 with Pinnacle - 2 units
- Russia maintained its 1st place in the group this weekend with a 1-1 draw with Turkey. In the chance creation department, Russia looked excellent against a very organised Turkish side.
- The Russians generated a massive 2.5xG in that match, Turkey's GK Mert Günok had an impressive game and kept them in the game.
- Over the last calendar year, Russia have generated on average 1.96xG per home game.
- In EC qualification they scored 3.2 per 90 at home while generating 3.8xG per 90, Of course, the hammering of San Marino played a part in these numbers. Still, we must not forget that they did pretty well even against Belgium putting up 1.85xG and scoring once.
- Russia also put three past the Hungarians when they met in Budapest (3-2 win)
- Since the World Cup finals, Russia have comfortably beaten every opponent they've faced outside the FIFA Top 40
- Only in two of those games did they fail to score 2+, they came against Kazakhstan (1-0) and Cyprus (1-0) however, in both games they should have won by more.
- Against the Kazakh's they got off 23 attempts on goal and generated 1.91xG, against Cyprus they got off 21 shots generating 3.22 xG
- Hungary have won their last two games but have lost the xG in both. Against Bulgaria they ran out 3-1 winners, they scored 3 off 4 attempts on target (0.78xG total) while allowing Bulgaria to get off 11 shots totalling 1.31xG
- Against Serbia it was a similar story, they won 1-0 but allowed a high number of good quality chances to the opposition (1.41xG) - Worth noting that Serbia didn't field their best XI either.
- This is Hungary's 3rd successive game on the road, they travelled to Bulgaria, Serbia and now onto to Russia, Russia, in contrast, will be more settled this is their 3rd successive game at home
Final word: Hungary have held up pretty well against Serbia and Turkey in recent matches but Russia at home will present a whole different problem. I expect the hosts to win and score at least 2.