Austria +0.5 Asian Handicap at 1.66 with BetVictor/Kambi - 2 units (min odds 1.57)
- I don't believe Scotland deserve this price tag yes they did get past Serbia in the Euro 2021 playoff but other than that there's very little to be positive about.
- Since that penalty shootout win over Serbia, they went on to lose to Slovakia and Israel
- Goals have been a massive problem for Scotland recently, over the last calendar year they've scored just 0.75 per 90
- In 16 matches, Steve Clarks Scotland have faced just one side that ranks inside the FIFA top 20(Austria 23rd), those games came against Belgium (3-0 and 4-0 losses)
- Russia and Serbia would be the only other two teams that are close to the same level as Austria. Scotland lost both games against Russia and drew with Serbia
- Over the last calendar year we've seen consistent impressive attacking numbers from Austria across all competitions (1.75 goals per 90 with 1.8xG per 90)
- At the back they have allowed 0.88 goals per 90 and 0.73xGA per 90)
- Austria have named a very strong squad with includes Sabitzer, Alaba, Hinteregger, Lainer, Schlager, Lazaro, Grillitsch, Baumgartner, Gregoritsch, and Kalajdžić. They're almost spoiled for choice in midfield and attack.
- Austria have lost just once since the beginning of 2020. That came in the form of a 3-2 loss to Romania (xG 1.91-1.43 in Austria's favour)
- Prior to that their they lost 1-0 to Latvia which was another shock result. Austria put up 2.32xG to Latvia's 1.13 that day (Austria fielded a weak XI as qualification was secured)
- Providing Austria get on the scoresheet this bet should land with ease.
Final word: I won't take anyone out of betting Austria to win this but I'm taking the added insurance with the +0.5 handicap.